Bored of 'Drink While You Think' and 'Never Have I Ever'? Looking for a kickass new drinking game to play this weekend? We've got the perfect solution, and its name is BEER PONG. Perhaps you've heard of it.
Beer pong is huge - hugemongous, in fact - in the States, but it's still a pretty new concept here in Blighty. In case you're unfamiliar, here's a quick primer:
You will need:
- 12 pong cups
- 2 water cups
- 2 ping-pong balls
- A table (preferably a proper beer pong table)
- 2 or more players
- Lots of beer!
Note that our American Beer Pong Set contains more or less everything you'll need for a game of beer pong.
How to play:
- At both ends of the table, arrange 6 cups in a pyramid formation (1 at the front, 3 at the back, 2 in the middle).
- Pour beer into each of the 12 cups. Keep the two water-filled cups nearby in case the balls need a wash.
- Players stand at either end of the table, taking it in turns to throw their ball at the other player's cups.
- If your opponent's ball lands in your cup, you have to drink the contents of that cup and remove it from play.
- The first player to run out of cups is the loser.
Those are just the basics, mind you. There are endless variations and additional rules - some people will tell you get an extra shot every time you sink a ball, which means that, if you've got crazy good aim, it's possible to clear the whole table before your opponent has even had a turn. Others enforce the '3 Misses, 1 Cup' rule, which means that you lose a cup if you miss three shots in a row (this is a good way to speed the game along!)
Now, once you've mastered beer pong in its most rudimentary form, you'll probably start itching for a new challenge. And that, dear reader, is where we can help - here are some twists on the classic beer pong format that will push even the most seasoned pong veteran to the limits:
Spin the spinner after every successful shot - anything could happen, including trick shots, cups coming back into play, and players SWITCHING SIDES of the table!
Shot Glass Pong
Can you land a shot when the cups are teeny-tiny?